Pre-Mortem

As I write the script for Project Waldo (that's the provisional title for the graphic novel), I'm doing my best to keep things loose. If one thing made Stareater hard, it was that I had to break through ten years of ossified preconceptions about the story.

Project Waldo is exactly a month and a half old. Some of its ideas grew from what I saw as conflicts between the world of Gordon and the Stareater (which took place in the future) and the way our real future seems to be shaping up. GatS had no robots, no AIs (well, okay, one really huge AI), no biotechnology, no real connection to our experience at all. There are lots of exciting concepts that I just couldn't touch with that story. So Project Waldo gives me a chance to do some near-future dabbling.

Here's the basic idea: (Redacted due to spoilers)

This lets me play with two parallel worlds -- one is a dystopian technoscape, the other a baroque fantasy realm. I get to do swords and magical creatures, but I also get to do robots, car chases, and explosions. I see this as win, win, win, win, win, and win.

So here we go again! Thanks for not giving up on me. I won't let you down!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello, Boulder!

Is This Thing On?

Paint by Numbers